Established in 2004, Providence Farms is a small family-owned and operated farm in Trenton, Missouri. We produce a wide variety of organically grown fruit and vegetables as well as raw local honey, fresh churned butter, fresh cut flower bouquets, aromatic herbs, a large selection of spring starter plants, and brown chicken eggs (pasture raised with organic vegetarian feed supplement).
Our healthy, farm fresh produce is available for purchase through our CSA program and Saturdays May - October at the Historic Downtown Liberty Farmers' Market and we are at Overland Park Farmer's Market on Wednesdays May-September.
Providence Farms is owned and operated entirely by us, the Newman family: The farm was started by Gerry and Lisa Newman and their 12 children. In 2018 their son Jesse and his wife Hannah and their 3 children bought the farm. Excited to keep the family business alive and growing. We firmly believe we need to leave this earth better than we found it and that the carbon footprint of our food needs to be minimal. Our passion is to produce healthy and nutritious food for others who do not have the means or area to do so. We believe everything comes from God and that we are to be good stewards of the land He has given us. Farming to high organic standards allows us to live what we believe.
We welcome you to come visit us!
Why Choose Providence Farms?
- We never use pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, synthetic fertilizers or GMO seeds.
- Our farm fresh produce is hand-picked at the peak of ripeness – yum!
- Being farm-to-table, our fruit and vegetables are only hours old – not weeks! Our produce lasts longer, which saves you money.
- We take great care of our precious farm soil which ensures our plants are healthier and produce highly nutritious fruit and vegetables – great for your health!
- You get to know your farmer, learn more about where and how your food is grown, and help the planet by supporting a small local farm which uses environmentally responsible farming practices.